Thursday, July 5, 2012

Writing Circle #2

Our writing circle, on June 28th, offered a great deal of conversation beginning with Dan Gilbert, as a businessman, and as a human being, ebonies as a proper form of dialect moving into the issue of: private v. public school.

Needless to say, so much was covered that I question the amount of progress made. That being said, Rome was not built in a day, and merely asking these questions is progress, in and of itself.  I find myself boxed-in by some of these questions. Reason being, I (usually) put a good deal of thought into what I have to say before I say it, and because I hold little knowledge of these topics (and little background) I mostly just want to absorb as much as possible before making a judgement.

Further, I feel my general compass must be off because the mere direction I believe these discussions should be headed is off-course --- as is event by my use of the word "judgement."  Not everything in this world is to be weighed, measured, and judged, and that seems to be my ideology, perhaps because it is a simple and normal formula for most issues.

I will have to put much more thought and time into these issues before I can fully come to an understanding which can layout my ability to handle such questions in a classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment